FJA are looking to recruit a Commissioning Engineer who will ensure the efficient delivery of the MEICA commissioning aspects across sites in Stepps, Glasgow and project sites as required.
The Commissioning Engineer will provide accurate and up to date commissioning reporting documents during project timescales.
The successful candidate will ensure that all activities are planned and executed to the highest standards and in accordance with Scottish Water requirements. They will be required to liaise with all project stakeholders and work consistently with other elements of the project team to ensure consistent project delivery.
Provide technical and administrative support to the MEICA project team to ensure safe and efficient delivery of projects.
Key responsibilities include:
• Observe and follow all Health, Safety and Environmental standards, regulations and requirements, and procedures as per the company handbook at all times.
• Delivery of the MEICA commissioning elements to the agreed time, cost & quality requirements to support the Project Manager (MEICA) and wider MEICA team.
• Work closely with planning team to compile the MEICA commissioning programmes. To ensure that they align with the overall project programmes and to monitor and update progress as required.
• Support the MEICA management team to provide mentoring to others within the project teams. Providing guidance and knowledge in areas of expertise to other site-based staff.
• Carry out all fault finding (local & remotely) on installations, ensuring that all problems are closed out to the required quality standard
• Produce project specific Commissioning Plans for the different project phases. Review these plans and re-issue them in accordance with the project requirements.
• Liaise with project stakeholders for all types of projects to ensure effective delivery of commissioning programmes whilst taking cognisance of other project activities.
• Attend Factory Acceptance tests (FAT) at supplier premises as and when required.
• Provide management of sub-contract labour on site, checking, appraising safe system of work documentation.
• Compile and develop where required comprehensive MEICA Commissioning documentation, including (but not limited to) Commissioning Plans / Commissioning Sheets / Training Plans / Training feedback forms / SAT & FAT documentation reviews.
• Preparing progress reports for the MEICA Management team.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Experience in Profibus would be beneficial
• Full understanding of WIMES
• Experience in Instrumentation Controls and Automation.
• Understanding of SW telemetry systems.
If you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity and want to work for a forward-thinking Company with excellent company benefits, then click on the ‘apply now’ button
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications, and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.