This highly regarded manufacturing business with operations throughout the world has seen some significant growth here in the United Kingdom. With a number of sites in the region, they have a long and established history here in Greater Manchester. Manufacturing high grade products for the defence, aerospace, food and beverage and packaging industries they have lead the way in innovation and technology. With significant investment in new machinery being made across the sites there is a need to increase the already successful Electrical Engineering team. Being regarded by many as an employer of choice, they offer continuous improvement and training, in a friendly team orientated environment.
You will be working with the Maintenance manager on the various ongoing work plans and schedules. Key task will include:
• To work safely within the company’s Health and Safety Procedures.
• To work within the requirements and BS 7671 (Electrical Regulations)
• Improve process efficiencies through elimination of downtime with the use of the PPM system and C.I.P. process
• Carry out essential legislative testing of electrical equipment and system
• To work as part of a team to optimise company performance and achieve targets
• To identify and keep essential stock items at necessary working levels
• To work with the maintenance manager in the identification of process improvements
• To posses a recognised electrical trade apprenticeship and other relevant academic qualifications or equivalent
• To have worked in an engineering capacity in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage
• A working knowledge of A.C and D.C. drives would be preferred as would the ability to work on P.L.C systems
• Ability to communicate all levels within the manufacturing environment
What is on offer?
• 33 days holiday
• Death in Service 2 x salary
• Healthcare Scheme
• 3% employer contribution to pension
• 39 hours per week (days)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or
sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers