Finlay Jude Associates Ltd are supporting a leading Utility company who work UK wide recruiting a Leakage Supervisor to work in Aberdeen, Scotland, who will report to the Operations Manager on one of their major Contract. The Leakage Supervisor will be responsible for the management of day to day leak detection activities in order to meet leakage targets as defined by the client. This role may suit someone with an R&M (Repair and Maintenance) or Water background and has supervisory experience.
The Leakage Supervisor will report to the Project Manager/Operations Manager, the Leakage Supervisor will be responsible for managing between eight and ten leakage teams in order to ensure the delivery of Leakage Reduction within the area.
This is a permanent role which offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits.
• Ensuring that Health and Safety is maintained, upholding Company Policy at all times
• Undertaking training and completing Risk Assessments and method statements when necessary
• Day to day management and supervision of a team of Leakage Technicians/Validation Engineers
• Assisting other Team Leaders and attending meetings on behalf of the Project Manager when required
• Ensuring leakage targets are achieved and performance is maintained
• Providing weekly performance reports, delivering team briefs and presenting information using PowerPoint
• Assuming responsibility for general admin tasks, i.e. timesheets, vehicle audits and client forms
• Forming and maintaining excellent working relationships with colleagues, other contractors, and the client.
• Good understanding and demonstrable working knowledge of computer software packages (Microsoft, GIS, and specific technical programs etc.)
• Ability to interpret and understand water network schematics and plans
• Good all-round knowledge of Water Network Hydraulics, Leakage Detection Techniques, Monitoring and reporting of Leakage Levels and other issues associated with the Clean Water Industry
• Working knowledge of leakage monitoring
• Ability to quickly learn new theories, techniques and working methods associated with duties and tasks
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective communication with internal and external colleagues, other technical specialists, consultants and senior internal and external managers
• Working knowledge of flow data capture techniques and methods
• Well organised with the ability to manage own workload and work to allocated deadlines.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and high levels of standards
• Enjoys working as a team and has a flexible 'can do’ attitude, possessing a co-operative attitude to working and giving and receiving help
• At least 2 years’ experience within a similar role would be advantageous
• NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent) in Leakage Detection.
If you are interested in applying for this position, then click the 'apply now’ button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.