FJA are working with a large Water Utilities company recruiting for a fantastic new job opportunity as a Team Leader. Reporting to the Delivery Manager, the Team Leader will be responsible for managing up to 8 leakage teams in order to ensure the delivery of Leakage Reduction within the Northern Ireland Water area.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
• Ensuring Health and Safety is maintained, upholding the clients Company Policy at all times
• Maintaining own KPI’s against targets
• Managing teams whereabouts and day to day supervision
• Carrying out BEST observations.
• Carrying out defect audits and reports
• Undertaking training and completing Risk Assessments and Method Statements when necessary
• Assisting the delivery manager when required
• Ensuring leakage targets are achieved and leakage reduction is maintained
• Delivering toolbox/team briefs and presenting information using PowerPoint
• Assuming responsibility for general admin tasks, i.e. timesheets, vehicle audits and client forms
• Review vehicle, fuel, phone costs with a view to reduce costs and create efficiencies.
• Forming and maintaining excellent working relationships with colleagues, other contractors and the client.
Candidates should possess the following skills and attributes:
• Located within the lot 3 region
• A proven track record of supervision and delivery and maintenance of performance management
• Good understanding and demonstrable working knowledge of computer software packages (Microsoft, GIS, and specific technical programs etc.)
• Ability to interpret and understand water network schematics and plans
• Good all round knowledge of Water Network Hydraulics, Leakage Detection Techniques, Monitoring and reporting of Leakage Levels and other issues associated with the Clean Water Industry
• Working knowledge of leakage monitoring
• Ability to quickly learn new theories, techniques and working methods associated with duties and tasks
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective communication with internal and external colleagues, other technical specialists, consultants and senior internal and external managers
• Working knowledge of flow data capture techniques and methods
• Well organised with the ability to manage own workload and work to allocated deadlines.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and high levels of standards
• Enjoys working as a team and has a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, possessing a co-operative attitude to working and giving and receiving help
• At least 3 years’ experience within a similar role would be advantageous
• NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Leakage Control
If you are interested in applying for this position then click the ‘apply now’ button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications, and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.