This international brand with a long established history in the United Kingdom has recently made a multimillion pound investment in its operations here in the North West. Regarded by many of their clients as manufacturer of choice, they supply to a variety of industries including the industrial, engineering, chemical and leisure. With the manufacturing process at the heart of their capabilities there is a serious need to increase the already successful engineering team. You can expect ongoing training and development in a team orientated environment, which has excellent financial rewards.
Reporting to the Group Engineering Manager you will be required to service production needs in regard to regular maintenance, engineering issues and machinery breakdowns.
Duties will include:
• To carry out routine servicing and inspection on all production machinery and mechanical systems and equipment.
• Use the preventative maintenance system to reduce breakdowns and unplanned maintenance.
• Carry out essential legislative testing of mechanical equipment and systems.
• To work safely within the company’s Health and Safety Procedures.
• To identify and keep essential stock items at necessary working levels.
• To assist the General Manager in identifying process improvements through elimination of downtime and other continuous improvement initiatives (CIP Process).
• To assist the Group Engineering Manager with projects and developments.
• Liaise when necessary with external contractors
• To work as part of a team to optimise company performance and achieve targets.
• To co-operate with the organisation in respect of training needs and job development to meet production demands.
• Working within a team to optimise company performance and achieve set targets
• Engage with the business and management in respect of training needs and job development to meet production demands.
• A recognised, relevant engineering trade apprenticeship or equivalent
• Track record as a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
• Knowledge of welding or fabricating would be an advantage but not essential.
• To have worked in an environment which involves overtime, shutdown working or equivalent.
• Previous experience of manufacturing machinery, preferably textiles
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks then
please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.