An exciting opportunity has arisen within a niche and growing market for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor.
Our Client, a well established manufacturing Company based in the Lancashire area.
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Group Engineering Manager ,you will be required to service production needs including regular maintenance, engineering issues and machinery breakdowns. All maintenance activities will be in compliance with ISO and other customer specific standards.
You will also be responsible for Managing the Group Engineering Team
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. To carry out routine servicing and inspection on all production machinery and mechanical systems and equipment
2. Use the preventative maintenance system to reduce breakdowns and unplanned maintenance
3. Carry out essential legislative testing of mechanical equipment and systems
4. To work safely within the company’s Health and Safety Procedures
5. To identify and keep essential stock items at necessary working levels
6. To assist the General Manager in identifying process improvements through elimination of downtime and other continuous improvement initiatives (CIP Process)
7. To assist the Group Engineering Manager with projects and developments
8. To manage the Group Engineering Team
9. Liaise when necessary with external contractors
Ø Previous experience of managing a team is essential
Ø To have a flexible approach towards overtime, shutdown working and call-out cover as required
Ø Welding and fabrication experience
Ø To work as part of a team to optimise company performance and achieve targets.
Ø To co-operate with the organisation in respect of training needs and job development to meet production demands.
Ø Previous experience of manufacturing machinery, preferably textiles.
Ø Full driving licence and use of a car for occasional travel between locations.
Ø A recognised, relevant trade apprenticeship with at least 3 years experience within a similar role are essential.
What is on Offer?
33 days holiday
Death in Service 2 x salary
3% employer contribution to pension
39 hours per week(days)
1 in 5 weeks will be on call out
If you are looking for a fantastic Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor opportunity and want to work for a forward-thinking Company with excellent Company benefits then click on the ‘apply now’ button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers