FJA have an excellent opportunity for experienced water network technicians on the Southern Water framework agreement over Kent, Hampshire and Sussex. The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate excellent working knowledge and experience of water networks and knowledge of calm network principles.
To deliver planned maintenance and calibration campaigns, including acoustic logging follow ups and to assist with the delivery of the wider teams work through cooperation, on site assistance and in-depth field analysis.
• Accurately survey locations that are being considered for pressure management equipment and report via a handheld device.
• To work closely with Leakage Supervisors to use information and resources to enable prompt detection of leaks or consumption that affects the client’s Leakage level including identification of unaccounted for water.
• Support the delivery of tasks where required e.g. DMA validation, Step Testing, Drop Testing, UFW checks.
• To comply with H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA procedures, including compliance with the company accident reporting procedure.
• Participation in the company out-of-hours standby rota is mandatory
Relevant Skills and Experience:
• Full clean UK Driving Licence (essential)
• Experience is key to this role with the requirement for at least 2.5 years of experience in working on water distribution networks.
• Some knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good IT skills & leakage application / technology knowledge.
• Ability to work to targets, to work under pressure and in emergency situations is required.
• Must hold valid EUSR National Hygiene accreditation card.
• Required to be accredited for NRSWA
• Confined spaces qualification is desirable.
• Good problem-solving ability.
• Extremely good customer facing skills is essential and GSS / C-MeX process awareness.
• Fully aware of H&S, HR, NRSWA, Environmental and QA policies and standards.
The successful candidate must be able to attend a face to face interview and complete a competency-based interview and assessment.
If you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity and want to work for a forward-thinking Company, then apply now with your current updated CV.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.