FJA are looking to recruit a number of Utility Surveyors who will work for a leading Utilities specialist. The role will be based in and around the Yorkshire area.
The Utility Surveyors will be part of a well-established Design Team who are responsible for the investigation and detailed design of distribution and water networks on the Northern area contracts.
The successful candidate will be involved in locating underground lead pipe and water/wastewater pipework on the water network. You will be working alongside experienced Design Technicians on a day-to-day basis and will report to the Design Manager.
A background within the Leakage industry or previous experience as a Leakage Technician would be advantageous.
• Ensure up front survey drawings accurately reflect any Health and safety issues and environment issues in relation to the work to be delivered.
• Ensure As-built surveys accurately reflect the works that has been completed on site and carried out in a timely manner.
• Identify and obtain information including access points, fencing requirements, and working areas as and when required.
• Complete full site survey reports including drawings and environmental risk assessment including all the information stated for use by design / investigation team.
• Identify any key risks and relay these to the design/investigation team.
• Ensure photographic records are captured and labelled identifying all areas of the works throughout the process.
• Ensure tasks are complete within programme.
• Ensure any near misses/hazards are reported.
• Ensure 100% compliance with Health & Safety, and environmental issues.
• Liaise with landowners and occupiers prior to land entry and carry out schedule of conditions.
• Liaise internally with departments, client and third parties.
• Possess a good knowledge of the distribution and water networks
• Be aware of risks, both safety and Environmental
• Aware of construction techniques
• NRSWA and Water Hygiene preferable
• Knowledge of surveying techniques
• Basic knowledge of using MS Office Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
• Ability to demonstrate an initiative to work on their own and as part of a team
• Have good attention to detail and be health and safety aware.
Suitable Locations - Bradford, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Halifax, York, Harrogate
If you are looking for a fantastic career opportunity as a Utility Surveyor and want to work for a forward-thinking Company with excellent company benefits, then click on the ‘apply now’ button with your current updated CV.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications, and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.