FJA are working with a large water utilities company who are recruiting for experienced Leakage/Validation Technicians who will be responsible for day to day leak/validation activities working in the Kent, Sussex and Hampshire area.
The Leakage / Network Validation Technician will undertake Validation activities on water distribution systems.
You will report directly to the Project Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
• A good understanding of water distribution network records in both electronic and paper format
• Excellent understanding of Step Testing and validation operation
• Be able to quantify works
• Flow and pressure knowledge
• Meter reading capability
• Ensure that tasks are carried out to target times and quality standards.
• Understand and work towards targets, as well as work safely and responsibly at all times
• A good understanding of DMA / Zonal meters
Skills / Knowledge:
• Good knowledge of water distribution systems
• Good knowledge of leakage detection works
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent IT and communication skills
• Possession of the following current certification would be advantageous but not essential.
• NRASWA Unit 2 Signing, Lighting and Guarding
• EUSR Water Hygiene Training
• Valve ops certificate
Other requirements are basic numeracy and literacy and an ability to understand and follow maps and navigate around one or more of the above geographical areas.
You are required to drive for the role and must hold a full and valid driving licence.
If you are interested in the above vacancy, then click on the 'applynow’ button.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful for the role we currently have advertised.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Finlay Jude Associates Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.